|Honey-Lemon Chicken with Potato|
This recipe was one of Rachael Ray's top 10 for 2010. It is cooked in a crock pot. A great meal for a cold winter day. I followed the directions on this one. The lemon and sweetness gave the chicken a good flavor. The juice at the bottom could have been thickened a bit. We spooned it over the potatoes.
- 2 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds baby potatoes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 4 to 5 sprigs thyme, leaves picked and chopped
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup chicken stock or water
- Zest of 1 lemon, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
In a skillet, heat EVOO over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper, and brown on both sides.
Scatter the potatoes, onion, garlic, thyme and lemon slices in the bowl of a crock pot. Season with salt and pepper. Lay the browned chicken over the veggies and drizzle with honey. Add stock, cover and cook, undisturbed, for 4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.
Serve each portion topped with a combination of lemon zest, parsley, toasted nuts and balsamic drizzle.