Dinner Tonight: Shrimp Tetrazzini, salad
1 onion, diced
8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
1 T. butter
1/3 cup sherry
1 t. salt
1 pound shelled, deveined shrimp, uncooked.
8 oz thin spaghetti, cooked
1/4 - 1/2 c grated Parmesan cheese
1) Melt butter in skillet; sayte onion and mushrooms until tender.
2) Whisk flour and milk together until blended. Add salt and pepper.
3) Add sherry, milk to skllet and bring to a boil, stirring often. Cook until thikend.
4) Toss with uncooked shrimp and cooked spaghetti. Turn into a 1 1/2 quart casserole.
5) Top with cheese. Bake in 350 oven for 30 minutes.
Note: I use skim milk. Today, to make it a little richer, I stirred in 1bout 1/2 cup of whipping cream which I had on hand. This is strictly optional, since I have made it many times without this addition. It did add a rich smooth flavor/texture.