Tuesday, October 11, 2011
Lemon Thyme Chicken
3 tablespoons of flour
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of pepper
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts pounded to same thickness
1 medium onion, diced
1 8oz package of mushrooms, sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup chicken broth
3 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon thyme
2 tablespoon parsley chopped
1) Mix flour, salt and pepper on piece of wax paper, Dredge chicken thru the flour. Shake of excess flour. Reserve the excess flour.
2) In large skillet, heat 1 Tablespoon of oil until hot. Add chicken. Brown on one side, about 5 minutes. Add remaining oil and brown second side. Transfer to plate and set aside.
3) Add butter to pan, melt and add onions and mushrooms., stirring until both are softened, 2-3 minutes.
4) Stir in remaining flour ans stir until flour is completely incorported, about 1 minute.
5) Add broth, 2 tablespoons of lemon, and thyme. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
6) Return chicken to the pan, and simmer until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
7) Sprinkle the remaining lemon juice and parsley on chicken.